Sunday, August 17, 2008

Operation Christmas Child

Well- I have started gathering all of my CVS deals and other good buys and placing them in a bin marked "Operation Christmas Child". So far we have enough to fill 3 shoe boxes! My goal was only 2 (one from each child) but since I have excess I figured why not bless another child too??!! I have been able to put a notebook, colored pencils, Q-tips, a bar of soap and a package of 10 pens in each shoe box thus far. I went to look for pencil sharpeners today, but got distracted- so that is my goal for this week. I found out that we can add a personal note and photo of our family in each box, so that will be a diffenent as well. I am excited to take Luke shopping and have him help me choose the more "fun" items to add now. I hope this will be a good lesson for him and something that both of our children look forward to each Christmas. If you have never heard of Operation Chirstmas Child-here is a link:Operation Christmas Child....it is an awesome ministy that really tugs at my heart, especially since we have little ones now that are so blessed.





No comments: