Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Extreme Make-Over Home Edition...

is coming to town! Well, they are already here, as they arrived this morning and suprised an amazing family in Pekin! The family is off to Orlando, Fl for the week while everyone back here works endlessly over the next 7 days to give this family an awesome gift. And guess what?! I am going to be helping out!!! I will at the house for 6 hours on Friday and again on Monday! The reveal is on Tuesday, so I am really hoping to be able to see the house...oh and see TY! I just saw him on the news and told Mick that it made my "heart jump!" He then replied "Well, the only person that makes my heart jump is you honey." Oh how sweet! Yeah Right LOL, if Jennifer Aniston or Gwen Stefani were in town he would have his "heart a jumpin`". ;0)But seriously though, this is such an awesome oppourtunity and I just know that this will make a huge difference in this family's life. They family is from Pekin and they have fostered over 250 children in their home and they have 5 (I only think one is adopted). The little boy has dwarfism and "brittle bone disease" and basically just pushing an elevator button can break his little fingers. Can't wait to see what the design team comes up with! I will be sure to let you know when the show will ait also. For more info about this family check out www.week.com or www.pjstar.com




2 comments:

Kate Geesaman said...

I'm so jealous! I would have been all over this with you!! I can't wait to hear how it goes. Say Hi to Ty for me!

Christy said...

SO...FRIDAY HAS COME AND GONE...WHERE ARE THE PICTURES???

Or, did you run off with Ty afterall and leave those poor, darling children motherless??