Wednesday, December 17, 2008

"THAT" mom....

I never want to be "THAT" mom again! It really sucks. I was "THAT" mom at the grocery store yesterday and it does not feel good (because it is all about my pride anyway, right?). You know the mom at the store with the whiny, annoying little child being a complete terror? Yep, that was me yesterday. We were grocery shopping and my little man decided to act like a complete stinker the entire time. Thankfully Emily slept the whole time in her chair, but Luke really tested my limits. It started fine, but about 2 seconds after we walk into the store he decided he wanted marsh mellows and when I told him no, they were not on the list, that was the beginning of the end. From there he wanted to get his little hands on everything in the store. From knocking over the bottles of BBQ sauce and blocking the aisle as people were trying to get past us, oh and how can I forget the constant " I have to pee!!". It actually got to a point to where one mom said to me, "you know, they do have a restroom in here". And then an older gentleman even offered to watch my cart and Emily so I could take him. (Mind you, Luke had gone to the bathroom 10 minutes before we arrived at the store, so he should have been fine to hold it). I declined the offer and told Luke he had to wait until after we paid, and then we could take him potty. So for the next 20 minutes of shopping and waiting to pay, it was non stop "I have to pee-pee!". I can not tell you how many looks of annoyance I received yesterday, but I did however, also receive a few looks of sympathy from moms who have been there before. I rather enjoy being the other mom, the one giving the smpathetic looks, not the one receiving them.






3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Ha!! I've been "THAT" mom too. Nathan will now say...but mom, I'm starting to go pee in my pants. Which is ridiculous because he can hold it for a long time, but it makes me panic anyway, because I don't want to deal with an accident. Someday we'll laugh at all this.

Debbie said...

I can tell you from experience..it does get better...now it's more of a "Moommmm!" and then I threaten to take away television privleges if she doesn't knock it off!

Christy said...

Hang in there...he's just testing his limits!! :O) Deb's right...it get's easier in lots of ways as they get a bit older.