Sunday, July 19, 2009

No new friends, ding-bats and pa-pot pie!

Luke had quit the interesting array of verbage today. Yes- he used all of these words...here are the stories to delight you this evening:

No new friends is from this morning at church. I was informed by his teacher today that a new little boy joined his classroom for the 1st time this morning. His teacher asked Luke if he would come and play with the new little boy and be his friend. My sons response? Mind you, our focus since he was born has been to instill Christ like behavior in our little man. So I assume he will be super sweet and shepherd this little boy...but no!!!!!! Luke turns to his teacher and replies: "Um...no, I don't really want any new friends right now..." and proceeds to walk away. OMG!!! So much for all that hard work of training him to love others and have compassion for the new little guy in his class....gotta love 3 year olds tho!

"Ding-Bat" is the new term that Luke used this afternoon while shopping for a new baseball bat. He was at his older cousins baseball game a few weeks ago and since then has been saying he wants a big boy bat like Alex. Well, while shopping today he explained to Mick and I the he wanted a "ding-bat". We both laughed and asked "What??!!" He explained that he wanted a bat that would "ding" when it hit the ball. (A metal bat) So now Luke has his "ding-bat" and loved playing ball all afternoon with daddy!

Finally "pa-pot pies" is from dinner tonight. I made Chicken Pot Pie from scratch tonight (I know, me, right??!!) It turned out great and Luke even finished his off! Before he finished it tho he looked at me and said "Mommy, I like these pa-pot pies!" LOL!! We tried to correct him, but he stuck to calling it a "pa-pot pie". Good times in the Dobra household today!





{ Jessica Dobra, Independent Marketing Executive }

1 comment:

Christy said...

"Ding bat..." I love it!!