Saturday, November 22, 2008

$5.00

What can you do with $5.00? Here is what I did today. Went to CVS and purchased $20.00 worth of batteries and paid with coupons and ECB's. My OOP was $1.17. I then realized that I forgot to grab the lotion that I needed to purchase, so went back in and purchased my $20.00 worth of lotion and a few other items and after coupons and ECB's, I paid another $2.00 OOP. So after 2 fast trips to CVS I spent $3.00 and some change and purchased over $40.00 worth of merchandise!

This afternoon I decided to re-cover my dining room chairs. If you have ever seen them, you know they were in desperate need of re-covering. After 3 years with kiddos on them, they looked horrible. There was everything from applesauce and play dough to ketchup and...well...you can use your imagination with 2 little kiddos! LOL And all the kiddos that I have babysat for ;) So I was wanting to find a fabric that could be wiped down easily, but was also not very expensive, so that if it got stained or torn I could easily re-cover it again. I was looking at Wal-Mart and checked all of the fabrics for one that was easily cleaned and could stand up to abuse that children bring. As I was leaving, feeling defeated in my search, I saw it! I spent another $5.00 at Wal-Mart for this fabric. I decided to use a tablecloth! It worked so wonderful and I have to say that I am thrilled with the results! And with the kiddos, I can easily wipe them down after each meal. Plus if one gets torn or a bad stain, I can replace it with what I have left of the tablecloth still! I know it is far from Martha Stewart, but hey, she does not have kiddos climbing all over her stuff! And I do not have to feel guilty about changing them out when I get sick of the current color. I can just run to Wal-Mart and get another tablecloth that matches the house and the season!

I wish I would have taken a before pic, so you could really appreciate all that I have done today and the difference looks amazing!

Last night Mick and I took Emily to Target to do some Christmas and birthday shopping for Luke, since he stayed at my mom's house overnight. I can not wait until Christmas and Luke's birthday, so he can see all the cool new stuff we picked out for him! Next week, we are taking Luke shopping for Emily, I can not wait to see what he picks out for her, I am sure it will be interesting.....I will diffently keep you posted....





1 comment:

Kate Geesaman said...

Great job! I've totally stauled out on CVSing.