Friday, November 07, 2008

Kroger-ing



Get out your thinking caps and calculators.... at least that is what I needed to accomplish this shopping trip. Here is what I purchased at Kroger tonight. They have a mega deal happening right now when you purchase any 10 items in the mega deal category you get $5.oo off your purchase immediately. They limit you to 3 mega deals per transaction, so I did make 2 trips. No biggie tho, I just went out to the van and unloaded my first 6 bags and turned back around and went in for transaction # 2. ;) Everything I bought I had a coupon for and was on sale (that is what my goal is now-to never pay full-price and always use a coupon!) So my total for both transactions was $110.00 and after my coupons and 5 of the mega deals discounts ($25.00 off my total) I spent $49.00 for all of this! I averaged .97 cents for each item! Not to shabby! Here is the list of what I purchased:
2 rolls of Viva paper towels
2 boxes of Orville Redenbocker popcorn
2 bottles Listerine
3 boxes of Extra-Strength Tylenol
2 boxes Betty Crocker instant potatoes
2 bags Pizza Rolls
6 boxes of Soft Pretzels
1 box of batteries
1 box of Swiss Miss
1 bottle of Johnson's baby lotion
3 bags of Betty Crocker cookie mix
2 bottles Welch's juice
18 boxes of cereal
1 bottle of Treseme hairspray
4 tubes Right Guard Deodorant
Thanks right, I bought 50 items for less than a buck a piece! Each receipt shows that I saved 69%, so that makes me feel pretty good! Oh and in case you are wondering-yes we love cereal in this house! It makes a great to-go snack and Emily is getting pretty close to being able to handle Cheerios. Plus Mick and I both enjoy sitting down to a bowl of cereal in the evening once the kiddos are in bed every now and again. I can not wait to go back to Kroger tomorrow, as I saw a lot of items that were not advertised in the mega deal that I have coupons for, which I had left at home.





4 comments:

Kate Geesaman said...

Awesome! I wish they had a Kroger here! Not really great sales at the grocery stores that are here. And, I really miss Aldi's. Oh, and I miss you guys, too!

Anonymous said...

wow!! i am very impressed and going to start raiding your cabinets!!!! mom

Anonymous said...

that is awesome! way to go!!
Sarah

Christy said...

From Kindrid:

"I like the pictures. Especially the one where Emily is standing up. I miss you. Can you send another picture of Sargie? Do you miss us? Good bye! Happy Halloween...Mom, I can still say that, can't I?"