Saturday, November 29, 2008

CVS on Thanksgiving Day and other exciting news!!

I went to CVS on Thanksgiving Day! It was awesome!!! There were only a few other crazy CVSer's out that morning, but how could I pass up the mega deals??!! I was at home looking at the ads after breakfast and I saw the CVS ad, so of course I go to it and my heart starts pounding!! Literally! I told Mick, I HAVE to go to CVS. So I laid Emily down for her nap and took off! I spent an hour there and left with over $100 in merchandise and spent $32.00! But the best part is that I now have $41.00 in ECB's to spend! So not only did I stock up on toothpaste and make up and Gatorade and lotion and other items, but I was actually paid to shop there! AWESOME, simply AWESOME!



On to the exciting news in our life right now: Emily's first tooth has popped thru! I felt it for the first time on Thanksgiving Day, guess she really wanted to eat some turkey! Hehehe! She has been drooling like crazy for months now, so we knew it was coming, but it still was shock to feel it for the first time. Bittersweet for sure! My little baby has her 1st tooth!



In other news, I am very relieved to say that I FINALLY started my cycle again! TMI, but after 5 pregnancy tests over the last 14 days, I deserve to celebrate! (Wish I had coupons for them!) My doctors office laughed when I called them and told them I was 11 days late, and they asked if I had taken a test and my reply was: "Yes, 5". I am a girl who is always 28 days, and to not have it come when it was supposed to really freaked me out! After the first 3 tests, and still not cycle, Mick and were talking about how the tests could be wrong, maybe a bad batch etc..and we had both pretty much figured I was pregnant, but just a bit too soon to tell or that the tests must be wrong. We knew that we could handle it, but that it would be a lot harder, but also that it would have been our last for sure. With Emily only 9 months old, life is just starting to settle into a fairly predictable routine and something that I can handle with ease. I went and bought 2 more tests, a different, more expensive, digital brand and they both came back negative as well. Relief and confusion...why was I so late? The doctor said it was from nursing, but I have been nursing for 9 months now with a very predictable cycle and for this to happen really threw me for a loop. So with that said, sorry if I seemed a bit out of it that last 2 weeks, but my mind has been VERY pre-occupied!










1 comment:

Christy said...

Just SHOCKING what a person can read on the internest these days! :O)

I can't imagine how freaked out you were...BUT you guys are great parents and would have had yet another adorable little one! :O)

Miss you!