Friday, March 20, 2009

Hey Cricut users!!!!

So, while at Wal-Mart today I saw this nifty new accessory for my Cricut. They are markers, that you can insert in your Cricut, as then it will trace, rather than cut, the design you want to use. I grabbed a sheet of scrap paper and got to Cricut-ing as soon as the kiddos were down for nap. Here are the results: In the top photo, I choose the word "thanks". Usually the blade would cut the word out, but it just traces the word. I filled it in with a clear glitter pen and now have a super cute "Thank you" card for Mrs. Pam! In the bottom, I decided to use the arrow, the term "you&me" and a tag cut out. I trimmed the arrow a bit, colored in "you&me" with my clear glitter pen and did end up cutting out my tag for the page. It was really easy and I got all this from scrap sheet of paper, so I am happy to be working my way thru that pile of stuff! I am super happy with this new purchase, the package I grabbed had 5 colors purple (obviously), pink, blue, green and a reddish-brown, but not really maroon....kinda hard to describe. They have other packages with the primary colors and a set with just black and brown too. Not too bad of a purchase. Oh and note to Christy ;0) Once I washed my old Cricut cutting board in soap and water, it became super sticky again!!













1 comment:

Christy said...

Oh! It won't let me see the pictures. :O(