Monday, March 09, 2009

Some good news...

First- Mick and I had a wonderful weekend at the marriage conference we went to this weekend! The kids had a blast staying with their grandparents over the weekend as well. Thank you again Mom and Steve and Mike and Kathy! We ended up skipping the conference on Sunday morning, this was our 4th year attending, and I was really missing my babies and we pretty much had the conference memorized. So we went to breakfast and bought Em's new car seat and then came home and waited for Mike and Kathy to bring the kids home early. I was soooooo excited to see my babies! Luke was pretty excited to be back home, and Emily gave her daddy so much lovin', is isn't even funny! Her walking skills have improved significantly over the weekend, it was quite a shock! We have decided that we are going to start looking for a new conference to check out for next year, since this one, we love, but have atteneded so many times now.

This morning Mick met me at the doctor's office and we had our first doctor appt. Mark your calanders for October 21st. That is when they are guessing that our new baby will be here! We heard the heartbeat and got to see it on the little screen! It made it much more real feeling. We are 7wks 5 days along in our pregnancy! Still some shock, but also a ton of excitement! The couple that was in the sono room before us passed us in the hall, and the hubby looked at us and said "be careful, they are handing out twins today!" Talk about a real shocker! I am thinking that based upon her belly size that they were there to find out the sex of the baby, not that there were 2! Can you imagine?

We told Luke that the new baby will be here around Halloween time, and he told me that it is Halloween time now, so the baby can come out. I told him we still have a few months, but the baby will be here soon enough. He wants us to have a baby boy this time....what are your thoughts? I am thinking girl, but I could be totally wrong. Mick is thinking boy...I wonder what it will be??!!





3 comments:

Marci said...

Glad all is well with your pregnancy, Jess!

Jeannie said...

I think it's going to be a very fortunate baby to grow in such a loving Christian family.

Stephanie said...

Yay!!!! I'm so happy for you! I think girl, but that's only because everyone that I know who had surprises for #3 ended up with girls.