Sunday, June 29, 2008

Church Picnic



Richwoods Christian Church had their annual church picnic today at Three Sisters Park. It was a awesome time and so great to see everyone from all 3 services together for one family style worship service & meal. The food was delicious and the service was awesome! Of course the children had a wonderful time too! They loved the face painting (well Emily didnt really care for it too much!) and the big bouncy house and slide! Luke & mommy really liked the cupcake making station as well! Actually so did Luke & daddy!! We had a scare in the beginning of the meal though- Luke got ahold of something that made him break out and start to swell up. As most of you know he is serverly allergic to peanuts, and he must have gotten ahold of something containing them. Thankfully he only broke out slightly and after about 15 minutes his hives had gone down in size and he had stopped coughing. He never turned blue like the time before & his face never swelled up as severly as the time before. We are still not sure what he got ahold of. The only thing we can thing of is that the bread we had for communion may have contained trace amounts of peanut....but we will never know for sure.



Here is my CVS trip for today. After a few weeks of pretty lame deals this week rocked! I was a bit nervous walking in today as I only had $2.00 in Extra Care Bucks and .77 cents left on my gift card. I did have a coupon for $4.00 off of $20.00 purchase (which I forgot to use in the end though!). I scanned my card at their coupon scanner when I walked into CVS and it printed out a coupon for $10.00 off a $50.00 purchase and also one for $3.00 off of a skin care purchase. The sun screen I bought counted towards that! Rock on!!! So my total before coupons and discounts was $57.52 & after my coupons and discounts my out of pocket was $30.37. Diffently not my best, but I did leave with $18.00 in Extra Care Bucks for next time! My total savings was still about 50%, so I can't complain too much and if I had remembered to use my $4 off of $20 coupon it would have been even better!










Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The picnic sounded like such fun! I wish we could have been there!!

Anonymous said...

The picnic sounded like such fun! I wish we could have been there!!

Anonymous said...

That's weird, it posted it twice??