Friday, May 22, 2009

Happy 5 Year Anniversary!

It is hard to believe that 5 years have come and gone since Mick and I stood up in front of our friends and family and declared our love for each other. Well, I pretty much sobbed the entire ceremony (tears of joy of course!). It was such a lovely day and the weather was perfect when it came time for pictures. I wanna go back in time and re-do it! It was so much fun and I have such awesome memories from that day! Here are a few pictures from that day....May 22, 2004...

Me, the lovely bride!
The happy couple!
Me, my Grandma Betty and my brother from another mother, Lee!

Grandma Betty danced the night away with us, until midnight, when the reception hall closed. She danced with everyone and even told Mick's brother Ben, that he was a cutie! I love you Grandma and miss you so very much! But, as my 3 year old just reminded me, you live in my heart and will always be with me!

Happy Anniversary Mick, I love you today, tomorrow and forever!








Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Unknown said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!! Here's to the 5 years past and the many more to come!

Love you guys!

Mick Dobra said...

I love you too, baby!

I could not have guessed how things would have turned out. Our hearts have been transformed by our love, our children, and mostly by our loving God.

Thank you for being willing to deny the finer material things in order to be a stay at home mom!

The temptation of having a better house in a nicer neighborhood and better cars, clothes, etc. . . is strong, but is nothing compared to the sight of my babies enjoying God's creation while nurtured by their mother!!!

You are God's gift to me as my wife, and you are a wonderful mother!

Thank you. I love you for today, tomorrow, and forever!

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

Love never fails.
1 Corinthians 13:4-8a

Our Marriage, God's Battle Formation!

Mick Dobra said...

Thanks Heather! Those were great pictures of Jacob today!!

Marci said...

Aww--love the pics! Grandma Betty was awesome. Your wedding was so fun! Can't believe it has already been 5 years. Wow.
Happy anniversary!!

Stephanie said...

Happy Anniversary! I can't believe that was 5 years ago.